Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Dog's Life is Just Right!

People folks are always saying that we pups just don't live long enough.  I gots to disagree with that because, you see, I think our lives are just right.  Think about it with me and catch up to my winnin' ways...just because the peeps get sad and miss us when we're gone doesn't mean we've done something wrong.  The peeps have a tendency to think about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as it best suits 'em.  It's just a natural fact.

Here's what we pups know that you peeps have a hard time with:  if we lived as long as you we wouldn't have the opportunity to break your hearts open.  That's our sneaky plan, really.  Even the most open and loving people folk have their walls and who better to break them down than a furry creature that makes you the center of their world.  DATS RITE! 

Some peeps think that these walls keep 'em protected but that's the tricky part....they don't protect 'em but keep them fellers from really experiencing the wonderment of it all---DATS RITE, DATS RITE! 
(If you don't believe me, I kindly refer you to my winning personality, Pope BabaGhee I pictured below...He's got-ur Nicene Creed!)

Now, the reason we are discussing such things today is because my good buddy Wasabi left us yesterday.  He was doing what he loved to do, running, and just plum fell over and that was it, he was gone. 

I'm gunna tell ya, that feller was handsome and sweet!  He was a big ol Doberman and baby sister (Lily Bob Thorton) was smitten with him.  That feller was always running the perimeter (that's guard dog talk that I just don't understand) keepin' everyone safe.  And talk about running....Wasabi could run fast as the wind!  In his younger days he even ran with them coyotes!  Now, that's somethin', if you ask me....and you usually do....!  Why, even when he was just standing still he was impressive!  Made a feller stop and look.

Like me, he was keen on the lady folk, always givin' them gals a little nudge with his big ol' pointy nose....and they'd just-a giggle! My Momio is all the time talking for us pups (you may have noticed) and she thinks Wasabi's voice is deep and respectable like James Earl Jones. "Hello Father, I have inspected the perimeter and run off any suspicious creatures.  Let us convene at the hearth."

Now that big ol' pup looked mean but I tell ya, he was sweet as a kitten.  'Uncle Sabi' is what I call him.  Like most us pups, he was always lookin' after his Dadio and Momio, and anyone hangin' out with 'em.  I'm gunna miss the big ol' feller, I tell ya. 
But no one will miss him like his Dadio.
I think that big ol Sabi found the path right to the center of his Dadio's heart. 
Good work Uncle Sabi...mission accomplished!


Uncle Sabi in his favorite chair


The next time you think about your pup or kitty cat (you're thinkin' about 'em right now I betcha) remember that we have important work to do here...
so pay attention people folks! 
Catch onto our winnin' ways and let us show you
how to have wide open fun! 

DATS RITE!


Uncle Sabi w/his Dadio & Momio

1 comment:

  1. Dat's rite! Haha love the spunky take on the meaning of a dog's life. Yes you canines do break down the walls. Be sure to read Bert's story on this hop for a perfect example of that. My sympathy to Wasabi's peeps, this is a very hard time for them.

    ReplyDelete